To say that EA was vague on these details is quite an understatement. Here is the information directly from EA’s website:
“Our Basic membership gets you:
- the chance to try out our new games for up to ten hours, starting five days before release, with Play First Trials
- access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time. Play any games that have already been added, as much as you want.
- the 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more
Premier will give you:
- full, unlimited access to our games, starting five days before they release
- That’s right, no more limited-time trials. Play the full game starting five days before launch without purchasing it separately, until you cancel your Premier membership.
- access to The Vault, a library of games that just keeps growing all the time.
- the same 10% discount in the Origin Store on full games, pre-orders, expansions, FIFA points, and more”
Also, price? Currently Origin Access is a mere $5 a month or $29.99 annually. A very reasonable price.
Origin Access Premier will have a Premier price as well at $14.99 a month or $99.99 a year!
According to EA more details are coming this summer. But what you are paying for here is access to those new games, without the trial limitation. EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME! Considering how few games EA puts out every year. The Premier price is basically a replacement for buying two games. The better deal is to put in your $15 for a few months and play as much as you want of the games you want and then cancel. This is how I see it. Let me know on twitter: @timothypecoraro what you think…